I’m on a dating hiatus, but I’ve always been a hopeless romantic and a big believer in love. My downfall, if it should be called that, is that I have always struggled with differentiating between a nice person, and the right person. Generally, when I meet someone I like, I start dating them immediately – only to realize later that while I love them as friends, we aren’t a perfect match. The down fall is that instead of getting “better at dating”, I only get more disillusioned, and with each failed attempt the absence of True Love is felt all the more strongly.

The reason I am pulling back from the dating world is because I need to figure out what the difference between "nice" and “right” is, and where I should draw the line. Ironically, I expect I will be more focused on love now that I am stepping away from it. I hope the outcome of this experiment will be a wiser, stronger me with the faith and patience to wait for Mr. Right.

No comments: